4.25.2012

choose wisely.

In the midst of everything going on with my career lately, I was pleasantly surprised (and convinced these things must be real) with what the little piece of paper read after pulling it from my fortune cookie. "Opportunities abound to enhance your career. Choose wisely!" Could it be? Days before this happened, I saw a job listing for Target Corp. that I thought (and think) could be a pretty amazing fit for me. Well, my stupid little piece of paper, written by God knows who and shoved inside a gross fortune cookie, reminded me not to give up. And gave me hope that things just may work out.


Then, a day later I was contacted by a previous employer who went on to rave about my work and who I am as an individual before offering me a job. Holy crap. I have options! There is somebody out there who wants me. Who wants my talent.

It's easy to lose sight of your own talent and worth, especially when someone (I won't name names!) rips your work apart and tells you it's worthless. But all it takes is one take-out order of sushi, a lucky fortune cookie, and one person who tells you you're great to lift you back up and give you hope. :)

1 comment:

  1. They aren't called fortune cookies for nothing, sis! :)

    Don't ever lose sight of your talent and worth - because you're crazy talented and anyone would be lucky to have you on his/her team. It's gonna work out - I'm SO excited about the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete