4.09.2012

what just happened?

Have you ever cried until your mascera was gone — your waterproof mascera? I'm such a crybaby, I know. Words that ran marathons in my mind today: blindsided, lost, bad-timing, omg, upside down, change-of-plans, is this real life?, oh shit.

Today the rug got pulled out from under me. The last month proved life to be nothing like I had adapted to over the last two years. However, I have become a pretty firm believer that everything works out how it's intended to work out. I've been struggling to stay positive (this too shall change) when I feel like the only way to go is backwards. Reality hasn't set in yet, but it will, and with time and more thought, I know this negativity will turn positive. My career is about the change in a big way (no, I didn't get fired although I would imagine it feels similar) and I'm not only crossing every possible body part I can, I'm wishing, hoping and praying that I figure out a way to succeed and do what I love. I have so many amazing ideas in my head, but it's executing them into becoming something substantial that is the obstacle. Good thing I have an incredibly wise husband with a good head on his shoulders to help and support me through it all.

In the meantime, instead of exercising and/or cleaning like a crazy-woman, I did what a any woman would do — enjoyed one glass of white wine and one glass of my favorite red wine (and so what, maybe I had a small ice cream cone too), with a good cousin-friend as moral support, while watching episodes of Saved by the Bell. After all, watching heartthrob, Zack Morris, can take a girl's mind off whatever is troubling her, even if it's for only 22 minutes at a time...


Oh, and having this furry little companion by my side helps too..

Another cousin-friend (my family is the best) posted this quote on facebook today which just so happened to fit perfectly into my day as well..

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

  1. Things will work out! Start that "What's most important to me" list.
    XOXO

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis, I am SO sorry. And, I'm so sorry I wasn't there for sisterly moral support on Monday (dang work trips). Don't worry... everythings ALWAYS works out for the best. Amazing things are coming your way! We need some sister time SOON. Maybe Saturday afternoon for coffee/shopping/crafting? xoxo!

    ReplyDelete