5.21.2012

weekly workout report | week 3

I think I did a little better this week as I did something active every day (and Lucy got lots of walks so she loves me even more!). Of course I could do much more which I am working towards... I am still debating whether I want a CorePower Yoga membership or a CrossFit membership. I'm sort of waiting until I'm making a regular paycheck again before committing to a membership bill every month. Until then, I have a pair of running shoes, a treadmill, a bike, and the open road in which I can access for FREE! :) I am also listing my dinners (below) mostly for my own purposes. I can look back at the blog posts when I want ideas for dinners and it's also nice to write it down in an attempt to keep things under control and healthy. I told Cory the week proved how fabulous of a stay-at-home-wife I would be... healthy dinners every night when he got home from training (not to mention, a clean house too)! (If only it was our usual schedule to have him home every night.. wishful thinking!)


Monday | May 14, 2012
Walk with Lucy
2.07 miles | 30 minutes
+
Bike (my first real road ride of the season!)
13.58 miles | 53 minutes

Dinner: Steak on the grill (Seriously, our first time ever grilling steak for ourselves! We never buy steak for some reason.), sweet potatoes and corn on the cob (grilled as well).

Bike ride scenery through the Woodbury/Afton countryside.

Steak dinner!


Tuesday | May 15, 2012
Walk with Lucy (and neighbor, Michelle)
2.68 miles | 58 minutes (it was a casual stroll looking at houses and landscaping!)
Walk with Lucy
2.41 miles | 34 minutes

TOTAL: 5.09 miles | 1 hr. 32 min.

Dinner: Quinoa spaghetti. This was a totally made up recipe. I made my usual homemade spaghetti sauce and then mixed it in cooked quinoa, added some cheese, and baked it for awhile. It was good, but quinoa mac&cheese is better!


Wednesday | May 16, 2012
Walk with Lucy
2.51 miles | 37 minutes

Dinner: Homemade pizza. (mozz, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, spinach, fresh basil)


Thursday | May 17, 2012
Treadmill
5.07 miles | 70 minutes
Ran 20 minutes | Walked 50 minutes
+
20 squats (random!)

Dinner: Grilled turkey loin marinated in a homemade garlic balsamic marinade, grilled asparagus (drizzled in olive oil/salt+pepper), grilled sweet corn


Friday | May 18, 2012
Walk with Lucy
2.03 miles | 30 minutes

Dinner: out.


Saturday | May 19, 2012
Today, two of my cousins and I hit up some garage sales in the area (I scored an awesome mid-century chair for $1.50!! Just need to paint it and recover the cushions.) We went out to lunch and enjoyed a cocktail and then another when we got home. :) No real workout today... just a casual/slow bike ride around the neighborhood before the rain hit.

Dinner: Last minute pasta with butternut squash sauce. (I try not to eat pasta but occasionally do and usually it's because there is nothing else to make in the house!)


Sunday | May 20, 2012
Treadmill
5 miles | 60 minutes
Ran 31 minutes | Walked 29 minutes

Dinner: Apps at Kierans after a photo shoot in mpls.


Week's Totals
Walk+Run | 21.77 miles | 5 hours, 19 minutes
Bike | 13.58 miles | 53 minutes


It's gorrrrrrgeous out right now and I think a bike ride is on tonight's agenda! Hopefully I'll get Lucy out for a walk later as well..









3 comments:

  1. Great week of workouts, Sista! So excited you got for a bike ride… can we ride soon, please? :)

    Butternut squash sauce?! I need this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we really should go on a ride together soon. When?! Anytime this week? Perhaps the four of us?

    No recipe for the sauce.. Cory bought a jar of it at Mississippi Market! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should we shoot for this weekend if we're around (we were thinking about going to camping)?! Will you be around?

    Ooo... definitely going to look for that sauce at MM next time I'm there! Thanks, Sista!

    ReplyDelete