5.29.2012

weekly workout report | week 4

Monday | May 21, 2012
As my sister mentioned in her blog post, tonight could not have been more gorgeous and perfect for a bike ride. So, when Cory got home from work, he and I (and another friend who just bought a road bike) hit the road. I was totally disappointed when I realized my phone was down to 20% battery, knowing my MapMyRide tracker probably wouldn't finish because of a dead phone. I was right (died at mile 14), but luckily the friend who came with had me put her phone in my bike bag (for lack of a better word) so I got my full stats from hers since it was with me! It was such an awesome ride. I don't know if it was because I felt that much better [than the last ride] or because I wasn't trying to catch up to Cory the entire ride like I usually am. (Since we had a newbie with us, Cory wasn't kicking butt.) But I felt like I could have ridden another 22 miles. Love when that happens! For the second real ride of the season, not too shabby.

22.2 miles
1 hour, 35 minutes

Dinner: Turkey, spinach, avocado, provolone sandwich with a side of cooked zucchini.


Seeing hot hair balloons will forever be fascinating. Perhaps we'll see the view from one some day!?



Tuesday | May 22, 2012
Today I hit the treadmill for a quick run.

3.04 miles
(25 min. run | 10 minute warm-up/cool down)
35 minutes
+
.79 mile walk with Lucy
13 minutes

Dinner: Sushi. And it was delicious! Our go-to order: One California Roll (this is our "palette cleanser"), one Winter Roll, one Negihama (yellowtail and scallions, so good!! My favorite.), one Hamachi Sashimi (for me, another favorite), one Hamachi Nigiri (for him). 

Wednesday | May 23, 2012
Another treadmill day. I know a lot of people hate and dread the treadmill (or dreadmill as my sis calls it!), but I have really been enjoying it. It's in our basement so it's nice and cool, plus we have a giant TV down there so I watch movies while I run. I get engrossed in the movie which makes the time fly by. And I also just love to walk on the treadmill and watch movies. It's so effortless. As much as I enjoy it, I want to get used to running outside again too because you can't really go wrong with that either. :)

5.14 miles
(30 minute run | 30 minute walk)
60 minutes

Dinner: Grilled mango curry chicken, sweet corn and sweet potato fries (homemade in the oven)

Thursday | May 24, 2012
With the rain, I hit the treadmill again today. 

5.15 miles
(35 minute run | 25 minute walk)
60 minutes

Dinner: Baked herb salmon, asparagus and cooked carrots.

Friday | May 25, 2012
I slacked today as I was engrossed in a book (50 Shades of Grey—more on that later). I could not put it down and even missed dinner because of it. Finally, at about 8:30p, I brought Lucy for a walk around the block. Yes, this is how I spend my Friday night at the ripe, old age of 29, when my husband is working. :)

.78 miles
11 minutes
(not sure this can even count!)

Dinner: Like I said, didn't really make anything. Just random stuff and then a chocolate DQ shake on my way home from Target! Yum.

Saturday | May 26, 2012
I squeezed in a walk with Lucy in the morning before the down pouring ran hit, and before I had to help with my neighbor-friend, Michelle's, wedding. (I did her make-up and also laced up and bustled her dress)

2.52 miles
36 minutes

Dinner: Wedding meal, drinks, and a delicious cupcake. :)

My handsome wedding date & I. :)

We went across the street to the St. Paul Hotel/Grill for a cocktail after the ceremony.

[a blurry] View from above at the Landmark Center.

Wedding Reception | Landmark Center


Sunday | May 27, 2012
Slacked off again. :(

Dinner: Turkey burgers sans bun, grilled asparagus, mushrooms and sweet corn. 

Week's Totals
Run+Walk | 17.42 miles | 3 hours, 36 minutes
Bike | 22.2 miles | 1 hour, 35 minutes

Less time this week, but more running than last week. This week I hope to log more miles of both running and walking and also hope to get on my bike more than once!





1 comment:

  1. Nice running / walking, Sis! And, I LOVE hot air balloons, too… I can't look away when there's one in the air!

    You must loan me those books…!

    And, can we pretty please bike together sometime soon?!

    ReplyDelete