5.07.2012

weekly workout report.

I'm following suit with my fabulously inspiring sister, erin, and doing a weekly workout blog post too. :) Although it may not be much, it's something, and something is better than nothing! And, if I do a weekly workout report, chances are, I'll feel more obligated to get a workout in. So, without further ado, my weekly workout report—

Monday | April 30, 2012
Tonight I worked at a Ducks Unlimited banquet at my uncle-in-law's restaurant so was on my feet selling tickets to a bunch of men, who will drop hundreds of dollars on stuff I wouldn't spend $5 on, from 4:00-9:30p. That was considered my workout of the day. :)

Tuesday | May 1, 2012
Run/walk
60 minutes | treadmill
4.5 miles
While watching part of one of my favorite movies, P.S. I Love You.

Wednesday | May 2, 2012
Run/walk
60 minutes | treadmill
4.17 miles (less running than Tuesday!)
While watching the rest of the movie.
+
casual 8.85 mile bike ride with Cory around the neighborhoods, paths, and lakes in Woodbury. I love these rides! And I love living here.
+
Quick 15 minute walk around the neighborhood with Lucy.
Being able to see things like this while biking makes it all worthwhile!

Thursday | May 3, 2012
Friday | May 4, 2012
Not sure what happened, but I did not get a proper workout in either of these days.. Boo.

Saturday | May 5, 2012
CrossFit Woodbury. My first time. My neighbor, Michelle, has been trying to convince me to go now for about a month and this Saturday I had no excuses. As nervous as I was that I was going to fail miserably, she assured me not to worry and that people don't judge. CrossFit is all about doing what you can do and not worrying about what others are doing, and everyone is super encouraging and welcoming. We started with a quick warm-up.. arm circles, stretches, high knees, butt kicks, bear crawl across the gym and back (this is when I started to get warm!), and six sprints across the gym and back.

Then the WOD (workout of the day):
10 pull-ups (modified version if need be. and yes, it was needed.)
20 push-ups (on my knees, yes.)
10 jumping squats (no modifications here!)
20 sit-ups (here either)

12 minutes | as many rounds as you can do

I did, as it's described in CrossFit, 3 rounds + 2 sit-ups. Which means, I did 4 rounds of everything except only 2 push-ups in that 4th round. (make sense?) I surprisingly was not left in everyone's dust and kept up pretty well!

After the WOD, I definitely was feeling a little light-headed and just off. Having conversation was somewhat difficult. And on the drive home, I embarrassingly had to ask Michelle to pull over because I was pretty sure I might puke. Although, I didn't until I got home. Yes, I puked. I like to think it wasn't only because of the workout, but because the water in my water bottle had a funky taste that messed with my mind+stomach and I had a couple drinks the night before(?).

Needless to say, I was one sore woman yesterday!! It hurts so good. :) Still a little sore today but at least I can walk like a normal human being again.

I really do want to go back to CrossFit and become a member, however I'm weighing my options. I also really want a CorePower Yoga membership and unfortunately, I don't have hundreds of dollars to throw at gyms just to workout ever month. Neither membership is cheap so I need to decide which is a better fit for my life right now...

Sunday | May 6, 2012
Does doing figure eights around the kitchen island and living room coffee table 50 times count as a workout? I was so full from spaghetti dinner, I had to move. I knew I should have just gone on a quick walk around the neighborhood but we didn't get home until nearly 10p so I just didn't feel like it. I had no idea how full I was until I finished eating. Big mistake. I hate when that happens!!

Today's the start of a new week! And you know it's going to be a good week when you wake up to this next to your pillow... :)
I wouldn't trade this dog for the world!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're doing a weekly workouts posting, too, sis! And, congrats on your first CrossFit WOD! You did awesome :) Have you decided between CF and CPY yet?

    ReplyDelete